Francis Kralick, DO, FACOS
Board Certified in Neurological Surgery
The Ohio State University, Columbus, OH-Biomedical Engineering/Engineering Physics
Nova-Southeastern University, Ft. Lauderdale, FL (Graduated magna cum laude)
Neurosurgery – Philadelphia College of Medicine, Philadelphia, PA
Spine Fellow - DUCOM / Simeone Institute for Neurosurgery
In Practice Since
2002 at Drexel University and Hahnemann University Hospital serving as Chief of Neurosurgery and Associate Professor Neurological Surgery
Diseases and Conditions
Degenerative disc disease
Cervical spine degeneration
Lumbar and thoracic instability
Complex Spinal Surgery
Brain and spinal tumors
Cerebrospinal fluid anomalies
649 Shore Rd
Somers Point, NJ 08244
Shore Medical Center, Somers Point, NJ
American College of Osteopathic Surgeons - Fellow
American Osteopathic Association
North American Skull Base Society
North American Spine Society
American Association for the Advancement of Science
AOSpine North America - Faculty
Queen Square Alumni Association
Hahnemann Hospital Physicians Society
Society for Research for Hydrocephalus and Spina Bifida
International Society for Hydrocephalus and Cerebrospinal Fluid Disorders
Research and Publications
PUBLISHED PAPERS *-denotes peer reviewed journals
- *Stechison, M.T. and F.J. Kralick, The trigeminal evoked potential: Part I. Long-latency responses in awake or anesthetized subjects. Neurosurgery, 1993. 33(4): p. 633-8.
- *Kralick, F., Neurosurgical Treatment of Hypothalamic Hamartoma Producing Intractable Gelastic Seizures and Precocious Puberty. JAONS, 2001. 1: p. 17-22.
- *Kralick, F. and R. Koenigsberg, Sciatica in a patient with unusual peripheral nerve sheath tumors. Surgical Neurology, 2006. 66(6): p. 634-637.
- *Tofighi, M.-R., Kawoos, U. Kralick, F.A. Rosen, A., Wireless intracranial pressure monitoring through scalp at microwave frequencies; preliminary phantom and animal study. IEEE MTT-S International Microwave Symposium Digest, 2006: p. 1738-1741.
- *U. Kawoos, R. V. Warty, F. A. Kralick, M. R. Tofighi and A. Rosen. “Issues in Wireless Intracranial Pressure Monitoring at Microwave Frequencies”, PIERS Online Vol. 3 No. 6 2007 pp: 927-931
- *Kawoos, U. Tofighi, M. R. Warty, R. Kralick, F. A. Rosen, A., In-Vitro and In-Vivo Trans-Scalp Evaluation of an Intracranial Pressure Implant at 2.4 GHz. IEEE Transactions on Microwave Theory and Techniques, 2008. 56(10): p. 2356-2365.
- *Emam, M. Abashiya, Y. Chareunsack, B. Skordos, J. Oh, J. Choi, Y. Kralick, F. Noh, H., A novel microdevice for the treatment of hydrocephalus: design and fabrication of an array of microvalves and microneedles. Microsystem Technologies-Micro-and Nanosystems-Information Storage and Processing Systems, 2008. 14(3): p. 371-378.
- *U. Kawoos, R. V. Warty; M. R. Tofighi, F.A.Kralick, D. Yoo, T. Neal, A. Rosen Embedded microwave system for monitoring of intracranial pressure, Proceedings of 2009 IEEE Radio and Wireless Symposium, p 119-122, 2009
- *Kralick FA, Noh H, Design and Fabrication of a PDMS/Parylene Microvalve for the Treatment of Hydrocephalus,Journal of Microelectromechanical Systems, Vol. 20, No. 4, August 2011, p 811-818
- *Kralick FA, Oh J, Medina T, Noh H. Microfabricated Shunt to Mimic Arachnoid Granulations for the Treatment of Communicating Hydrocephalus. Acta Neurochirurgica accepted Jan 2011
- O. Sheikh, A. Reaves, F. A. Kralick, A. Brooks R. E. Musial,e J. Gasperino, Malignant Nerve Sheath Tumor of the Spinal Accessory Nerve: A Unique Presentation of a Rare Tumor, The Journal of Clinical Neurology 2012; 8: 1-4
- Simeone F, Kralick FA. Posterior Cervical Fusion using the Unisom System. Spinal Instrumentation: Surgical Techniques, Eds. Kim, Vaccaro, Fessler. Thieme 2005
- Kralick FA. Oh J, Kim G, Medina T, Noh H Microfabricated Shunt to Mimic the Function and Location of Arachnoid Granulations for the Treatment of Communicating Hydrocephalus, Eds. Schuhmann, Czosnyka. Intracranial Pressure and Brain Monitoring XIV, Acta Neurochirurgica Supplementeum, Vol. 114, Springer-Verlag/Wien, 2012
- Kawoos U, Tofighi M, Rosen A, Kralick FA, Embedded Microwave Sensors for Intracranial Pressure Monitoring, Eds. Mostafeanezhad, Boric-Lubecke and Lin, Medical and Biological Microwave Sensors and Systems, Cambridge Univ Press, In Press
Awards and Honors
Including but not limited to:
- Nova-Southeastern graduation with highest honors 1996
- ACOS Surgical Residency Scholarship
Excellence in Medicine 1998
- ACOS Resident Achievement Award 2001
- 2nd Place Poster Presentation ACA
Image guided Neurosurgery for Spinal Instability, Palm Desert, CA 2001
- National Sofamor Danek Resident Achievement Award
Correction of Cephalocranial Disproportion by Expansion
Craniectomy and Shunt Revision for Pansyostosis:Technical Note 2002
- Robert Irwin Literary Award 2002
- ACOS Fellowship designation (F.A.C.O.S.) 2008
Kralick FA, Parrish W, Orr G, Willet D. Method for the Stimulation of Cell Growth and the Inhibition of Cell Proliferation by Utilization of Selenodithiols such as Selenodiglutathione. US patent #5,104,854: Issued April 12, 1992.
Kralick FA, Parrish W. Method for the Inhibition of the Proliferation of Cancer Cells in a Tumor Sensitive to Treatment with a Selenodithiol by Injection into a Tumor. US patent #5,104,854: Issued April 14, 1992.
Kralick FA, Noh Hongseok, Implantable Micro-System for the Treatment of Hydrocephalus, CIP
Kralick FA, Noh Hongseok, Implantable Micro-System for the Treatment of Hydrocephalus. US Patent No. US 8206334 B2,
Kawoos U, Rosen A, Rosen H, Kralick FA. Microwave Intracranial Pressure Implant and CSF Drainage. US Patent No. 12/558,157